I S Research Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is I S Research Limited registered in England and Wales under Company No. 06177639 whose registered office is at of The Granary, Home Farm, Ridge Lane, Rotherwick, Hampshire, UK RG27 9AX.
We have an up-to-date entry under the Data Protection Register in the UK. This can be seen at www.ico.gov.uk. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ian Spence.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site megabuyte.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or if you choose to use the interactive features of our services (for example, setting up your or editing your user account (‘MyMegabuyte’)). We may also ask you for information and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses And Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we may use data processors and third party information providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To include information about you on the Megabuyte People database or to provide the Megabuyte Forum element of our service (such as providing a member directory or publishing the names of members that attended a particular Megabuyte Forum event on the site and on an attendee list to be circulated by email to other Forum Members).
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, unless you have consented to receiving other information.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes or to other subscribers in providing the Megabuyte People or Megabuyte Forum elements of our service, please let us know and we will comply with your request.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 2006, or to other subscribers in providing the Megabuyte People or Megabuyte Forum elements of our service.
Megabuyte Forum: Your information choices
- If you are a Megabuyte Forum member, you can choose to share personal information (for example, your contact details) about yourself with other Forum members on your MyMegabuyte page;
- invite other Forum Members to become a "Connection" and form part of your network by sending them an invitation. Please note that when you send an invitation to connect to another Forum Member, they may have access to your email address because it is displayed in the invitation. Forum Members can choose to accept or ignore an invitation to connect to another Forum Member.
- send messages via the site to other Forum members.
You will be able to set up, review, enhance and edit your personal information posted on the site through your MyMegabuyte page. You may change your settings on your MyMegabuyte page to control the visibility and accessibility of your personal information and control the messages you receive from other subscribers and how these messages are sent. For example, you can share your personal information with (a) all Forum Members; (b) only with your Connections; or (c) keep your personal information private. All Forum Member accounts are defaulted to allow your Connections to view your contact details. If you do not your information displayed on the site, you should change the default settings on your MyMegabuyte page and not use these interactive facilities.
Megabuyte People provides information on the directors of the companies we follow in the Megabuyte Database.
Information on directors featured on the Megabuyte People database is compiled from publicly available records and from the individuals themselves. If you provide us with information as part of the services, we may also use this on the Megabuyte People database. Please note however the Megabuyte People database will not be automatically updated from information you provide to us in relation to Megabuyte Forum account or otherwise. We strive to ensure that all information on the Megabuyte People database is as accurate and up-to-date as possible. You have a right to require us to correct inaccurate information about you on Megabuyte People. Please notify us where information about you on Megabuyte People is inaccurate by contacting us to at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable endeavours to verify your requests and remove information as we consider appropriate.
If you do not feature on our Megabuyte People database but are a Megabuyte Forum member, you can submit your curriculum vita / biography for publication in the Megabuyte Forum directory using the "Submit Profile" option on our site. By doing so, you represent and warrant that all the information you submit to us is up-to-date and accurate and acknowledge and agree to this information being made available on the site to all other Forum Members.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If I S Research Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to notify us where information about you on the Megabuyte People database is incorrect. If you have any concerns that information about you is incorrect, please address these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.